Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Nine days!
So it has been a long work week-nine days! They say it was because we finished the training or started the traning in the middle of the pay period. Well I'm looking forward to the next three days off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I have been busy shadowing Rangers in order to get to know just exactly where the light switches are, first aid kits, and learn how they do their interpertation. It has been fun and interesting. Let me tell you some of the tours I've been on and some I've been on twice in one day. Historic Tour-is 2 hours with a walking distance of 2 miles and it has a 578 steps! New EntranceTour- is 2 hours and is 3/4 miles there are 500 steps. Frozen Niagara- is 1-1/2 hours and is 1/2 miles round trip there are 13 steps and optional 98 optional steps to see some wonderful formations. Grand Avenue Tour- 4-1/2 hours and is 4 miles long round trip there are 670 steps! Discovery Tour- is a self guided tour 1/2 mile about 30 minutes. Those are just the ones I do or will do over the summer. Can you believe it!!!! I have lost some weight how much you ask? Not sure no scale but enough to have to buy new pants! The Grand Ave tour is not my favorite at all during training we had to go and see where the lights were and we did that one in just under three hours-they said were were going at a rescue pace- I was thinking to myself that there were going to have to rescue me! I just keep thinking "I'm getting paid for this, I'm getting paid for this!" It was hell! Let me tell you! Well I'm going to keep this entry short I'm tired and still haven't eaten yet. I hope your summer is going well too! Write more tomorrow. Love ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow, that's awesome! Sounds like a job I wouldn't mind doing! The boy & I have begun to take walks around the lake here. He also likes to swim in the lake. I'll post some pics when I get the chance! Sounds like aside from all the steps, you are having a lot of fun out there! I am glad to hear it and I think come the end of the internship, you won't mind that Grand Tour at all!! We miss you much...love and hugs!
Hey there, sounds like a good workout with a great view. J's been there and he's been telling me about it, you know me I love being underground. I hope that you're having fun and look forward to hearing more of your adventures soon!
thats a lot of walking...
Post a Comment