So I know that it's been quite some time since my last posting here and I'm really sorry but I've been so busy at work and trying to finish my projects that they have given me to do before I leave. I'm loving my job here I love being in the cave and guiding tours and meeting all the people from all over that world. I'm hoping that they'll consider me again from next summer. The days here are never the same and I think that's why I enjoy it so much. Aside from the humidity. HA!
I've been giving tours now from the third or fourth week since the start. And I really hope that I've perfected them somewhat from the start. I have yet to get my first audit. I'm not nervous for it but more afraid that I don't give enough infomation that they might want us to give to the visitors. I have my audience involved in my tours and try to keep it up lifting so that they don't get too bored and just want to get out. I make "cave" jokes and they laugh. At the end they either love me or hate me but I figure I can have fun because I enjoy what I'm doing and that's what this is all about. I think the best things about this job is is that I'm working with a great bunch of people for the most part that love doing what they are doing.
People that have been doing this for years and are not afraid to help those of out that are the "newbies" and they are more than willing to share what they have learned. We all have fun and that's the plus here. There are a few people that I personally have problems with and I'm working on it. It's just attitudes that I'm not fond of people who think they are better than anyone else or think just cause you talk slow you're dumb. Yes there is one person here that does that and it's just getting annoying. I think she's got to learn to just sit and listen. Most people should try that.
Well I hope to write more soon. Working on trying to figure out my miles since the beginning and how many tours I've given. That'll be in my next post. I hope that this post finds you all well. If you'd like a postcard please email me your address mab920@hotmail.com
Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ohhh, I would like a postcard! Wait, I'm supposed to email ya!
I'm glad we got to chat a little bit yesterday! Hope you truly liked Keith from what you've seen so far. He's a really good person and nothing like what i've been attracted to before!
Anyway, I'm also sooo proud and happy for you about your awesome weight loss! Wish I could say the same for me!
We love and miss you!!
Post a Comment