(Hope you enjoyed the pictures!)
It's been so hot and humid here that I've begun to count down the days. It's a sad thing when I watch the weather reports in the morning and see that NM is only at about 86 degrees. I'm like "What?" And here I'm sitting with temps reaching 103 with a heat index of like 110. It's crazy. I look forward more to being in the cave because of it's constant temp of 54 degrees. The hardest thing about that is that one tour the Historic you actually have to walk down to the enterance in the heat and making it back up that hill is even harder. But seriously I've started to count down the days. I'm ready to come home. I miss Ted so much that it's just getting to me. The heat must be getting to everyone there have been several people who have found "summer love" and it's making me miss Ted. Several couples have been grouped. IT's all well and good I just miss being held and kissed. I guess I'm really feeling it. So here I am at the hotel alone writing in this journal because they are all at the apartments.
Other than that back to work. We had the "Guides' Picnic" the other night and need to put those pictures up. I got an award. I got the "2007 Poop Award" because on one tour that I was leading a gentlemen was not feeling well and had to use the bathroom-well there are no bathrooms on that tour so I told him that I had a convience bag that he could use and well he said that just was not going to be enough. So he asked if he could use the trash bag and I said "Sure, but you do know that you have to carry it out of the cave." as I moved the group on ahead to give him privacy it took awhile and he did his business he came out and had the bag full. He managed to carry it out of the cave. It was my second experiece with someone who had to go #2 in the cave. What gets me is if they feel bad on the surface what makes them this that they are going to be ok underground? So anyway I have been given the award which is a beach shovle and pail. So not only am I able to--Take BS but carry it, shovel it, and dish it! Ha ha!I wonder if I can put it on my resumee?
The next morning at the seasonal awards I was given a citation from the superentendent of Mammoth Cave and it states that basically I brought a cutural aspect to the guide force and was willing to answer questions about my culture and as well as help people settle into life at seasonals as well as provide transportation to those that needed it. I was given the letter as well as a National Parks backpack. IT's so cool! I was so happy to get it. I'll be sporting that baby this fall.
Let's see if I can get some pics on here. I hope that you are all doing well. I'm only about 25 days away from being home again. The good thing is that I'm working almost 5 days a week and making some extra money. IT's good to because with all the weight I've lost I'm going to need new clothes for this new school year and we all know what that means? SHOPPPING!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
Lots of love,
M
Other than that back to work. We had the "Guides' Picnic" the other night and need to put those pictures up. I got an award. I got the "2007 Poop Award" because on one tour that I was leading a gentlemen was not feeling well and had to use the bathroom-well there are no bathrooms on that tour so I told him that I had a convience bag that he could use and well he said that just was not going to be enough. So he asked if he could use the trash bag and I said "Sure, but you do know that you have to carry it out of the cave." as I moved the group on ahead to give him privacy it took awhile and he did his business he came out and had the bag full. He managed to carry it out of the cave. It was my second experiece with someone who had to go #2 in the cave. What gets me is if they feel bad on the surface what makes them this that they are going to be ok underground? So anyway I have been given the award which is a beach shovle and pail. So not only am I able to--Take BS but carry it, shovel it, and dish it! Ha ha!I wonder if I can put it on my resumee?
The next morning at the seasonal awards I was given a citation from the superentendent of Mammoth Cave and it states that basically I brought a cutural aspect to the guide force and was willing to answer questions about my culture and as well as help people settle into life at seasonals as well as provide transportation to those that needed it. I was given the letter as well as a National Parks backpack. IT's so cool! I was so happy to get it. I'll be sporting that baby this fall.
Let's see if I can get some pics on here. I hope that you are all doing well. I'm only about 25 days away from being home again. The good thing is that I'm working almost 5 days a week and making some extra money. IT's good to because with all the weight I've lost I'm going to need new clothes for this new school year and we all know what that means? SHOPPPING!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
Lots of love,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment